Tuesday 16 May 2017

Rajinikanth in politics? Subramanian Swamy scoffs at idea, calls it a joke

Rajinikanth said, "If it is God's will, I will enter politics"

Will he, won’t he? The possibility of Tamil Nadu's most popular star Rajinikanth taking the plunge into politics has been the subject of speculation for years now. The actor on Monday, left his fans even more puzzled by saying, "If it is God's will, I will enter politics."
Rajinikanth also said if he enters politics, he will be truthful and will not entertain people who want to make money. While his comments were welcomed by his fans, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy was not pleased.
He called it a 'joke' and advised him to stay out of politics, reports News18.
Swamy, who is known for his controversial remarks, said, "Rajini has been with various parties and has no ideology. Rajini is a mere distraction."
He went on to say that Rajinikanth was not even a Tamilian; “in fact, he is a Marathi from Bengaluru,” he said. Swamy also took potshots at the megastar’s fans. “It is a cult following,” he said. Swamy said that cinema people are good at giving statements as their dialogues are scripted by somebody else.
What did the Tamil superstar say to his fans:
"God decides what we have to do in life. Right now, he wants me to be an actor and I'm fulfilling my responsibility. If God willing, I will enter politics tomorrow. If I enter, I will be very truthful and will not entertain people who are in this to make money. I won't work with such people".
Rajnikanth has old relations with politics: Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment