Friday 13 May 2016

Assembly Elections 2016 India - Latest News, Results, Updates, Photos


Election campaigns in the southern states have a different flavour, but what adds even more colour are the live translations of speeches that leaders from other states make. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been at the receiving end of poor translations twice in the past.
In December 2015 at Thrissur, the PM tried apologizing to the gathered public for arriving late but the translator, K Surendran, the BJP general secretary in Kerala, translated it to something else sending the others present on the dias in a tizzy.
“First of all I have to apologize to the people here in Kerala because I am late in coming here. I should have come sooner. But now, I promise that this will not happen,” said the Prime Minister but the BJP general secretary translated it in Malayalam as, "I am very happy to arrive here in Kerala. From a long time, I have made regular visits to Kerala. But now the situation here in Kerala is not the same. There are big changes taking places here. I am very happy." Snippets from this video then went viral in Kerala. After a brief interruption, the translator later corrected when the error was pointed out. Watch video about the K Surendran's Speech Translation of Narendra Modi in Kerala.

No comments:

Post a Comment